Type of Information Collected
GJL may collect from and use information about the users of this Web site. This information falls into a number of different categories:
- When a user fills in an electronic form on the Web site, GJL may collect a user's name, position, business address, telephone number, fax number, business e-mail and financial information (including credit card information) required to process orders of goods and services.
- A user may provide information which personally identifies a user ("Personal Information") to GJL when completing a registration or placing an order. Unless a user provides the minimum information noted on GJL's Web site, the user may be unable to complete transactions.
- GJL may collect the e-mail addresses of users who communicate with GJL via e-mail and who wish to receive information from GJL, such as Show Schedules, GJL's electronic newsletters, etc.
- The GJL Web site may use "Cookies", which are small data files that are placed on an individual user's computer. The Cookie identifies your browser and not personal information about you, such as your name.
- The GJL Web site automatically collects certain user information which is customarily logged by Internet servers, including the Internet Protocol address ("IP address") through which users access the Internet, the date and time of access, and the Internet address of the Web site from which a user linked to this Web site ("User IP Information").
How Information is Used
The reason for the collection of information on the Web site and uses which are made of the information which is collected depends on the nature of the information.
- GJL may use contact information (i.e. name, job title, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail) to inform users on a periodic basis by electronic newsletters, correspondence, phone calls, faxes and e-mails about events, products and services of interest to you.
- User IP information may be used to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of this Web site, and to help make the GJL Web site more useful to users.
- GJL may use User IP Information or Cookie information collected on and through the GJL Web site to improve the design and content of the Web site. User IP Information and Cookie information may also be used for statistical purposes or to evaluate what portions of the Web site are more popular than others, determine where visitors came from, and where they go within the Web site, and how long visitors stay on a particular page, or on the Web site in general.
- In certain limited circumstances, GJL may be required or permitted by law to disclose Personal Information, such as to the police in the course of a criminal investigation.
How Your Information is Protected
GJL uses commercially reasonable steps to keep any Personal Information which it collects about users secure from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration, but, as with any communication of information over the Internet, there is a risk that data will be intercepted or otherwise interfered with by third parties. GJL will have no liability to users if Personal Information is intercepted or otherwise interfered with by third parties. Users should take precautions to ensure that others do not access their Personal Information; such precautions include the use of passwords and encryption and turning off the computer when finished using it.
GJL treats all information collected on our Web site as securely as possible. GJL's Web site uses SSL or "Secure Sockets Layer", an industry-standard security protocol, to process credit card transactions for the purpose of events registration, membership registration, and magazine subscriptions. When users connect with GJL's secure server, the communication between the browser and the secure server is encrypted.
Transferring of Personal Information
GJL does not share Personal Information collected with any third parties other than that necessary to validate credit cards with issuing banks.
Sharing of Contact Information
GJL does not share contact information with any third parties.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
This Web site may contain links to Web sites which may be operated by third parties whose information and privacy practices may be different than GJL's. These links are provided solely for convenience. Users should consult the privacy notices on such other sites. GJL may have no control over any information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties and is not responsible for the content of any such third party Web sites. Accessing and viewing of any such third party Web site is conducted at the user's own risk.